Here at PG Electrical, we provide a fully comprehensive survey in order to ensure that your electrics and appliances are in safe, working order. When you’re renting a property, your landlord has legal obligations to ensure that their electrical goods and wiring conform to government regulations. If you’re buying your own home, a qualified electrical engineer/surveyor should carry out checks for you.
All electrical installations degenerate with frequent use. It is imperative that they are inspected and tested regularly to ensure that they are in an acceptable condition for continued use. Home owners should have their electrics inspected and tested every 10 years. If you are living in rented accommodation, the tests should be carried out every 5 years.
- reveal any potential risks and fire hazards
- recognise any malfunctioning electrics
- determine what steps are needed to rectify any issues
Tests are carried out on both portable appliances and fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. If your property requires rewiring, we will advise you accordingly.
A electrical installation condition report with classification codes should always be carried out when:
- the property is being prepared for letting
- your property is being sold
- you are buying a previously-occupied property
- new tenants are moving in
Your landlord is required by law to ensure:
- that all electrics are safe when you move in
- that electrics are maintained in a safe condition throughout your tenancy
- all appliances are safe and have been inspected and tested
Regular basic safety checks, by reputable electricians like PG Electrical, will be required to ensure that the electrics and appliances are safe and working.
If you’re a home owner looking to ensure that your electrics are in prime condition, or you’re a landlord with one property or more, PG Electrical are qualified to undertake thorough testing and inspections to keep homes safe.
Contact us today to discuss your requirements in Wisbech, Norfolk and surrounding areas.